Do you hear that? I’m sure I’m not the only one with Michael Buble’s Christmas album blasting out as I put up the Christmas Tree. All across the country households will be decorated today. But! Nothing means Christmas in The Messy Cook household like my Messy Mince Pie Samosas. Check it out. Full recipe is in the comments. Ho! Ho! Ho!
1 Cooking Apple (Chopped)
100g Glazier Cherries
100g Mixed Candid Peel
Zest & Juice 1 Orange
Zest & Juice of 1 Lime
100g Brown Sugar
3 tbsp Maple Syrup
50g Ground Almond
2 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1.Mix Ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Pop in the oven for 3 hours at 100oC
3. Remove from oven and leave to cool on a chopping board.
4. Add 6tbsp of bourbon or your favourite spirit.
5. Place into Jam Jars – they can be left in here, and refrigerated for up to 6 months. The longer you leave it in the jar, the more the flavour will develop!
6. Slice up filo pastry and add a dollop of filling at the end.
7. Seal the edges with egg wash.
8. Fold in triangles diagonally.
9. Place in the oven for 10 minutes at 180oC.
10. Serve with a pot of creme fraise with some icing sugar and orange zest grated in…..get messy and Enjoy! 😊